Designed for your delight.
We are proud to announce the launch of the new payette.com.
Our firm has continued to evolve over the last several years. Since the launch of our previous website in 2011, many things have changed. In fact, we are a very different practice than the one we were then. For example:
- We moved into our current location, where we all work on one floor in a single open studio
- We’ve transitioned leadership to Kevin Sullivan as our President and elevated four new Principals
- We’ve developed our Building Science Group, now the driving force behind Engine
- We have opened major commissions, some winning AIA COTE awards and others recognized on the Harleston Parker Medal shortlist
- Different voices in the firm emerged, leading the dialogue about many aspects of the practice of architecture throughout the industry
It was time for our identity online to reflect the ways we’ve grown and changed!
The new site offers a rich, layered experience, allowing you to explore our projects, studio, people and blog. We are excited about the work we’re doing, and we hope you are too.
For the new payette.com we decided to fully integrate aspects of our practice that have emerged as crucial to our firm – Building Science, Fabrication, Design Technology and our research. We now call this research and development area of the practice Engine. These interdisciplinary perspectives stimulate our thinking and deepen our understanding of how buildings perform. Fully integrated into our design thinking, this aspect of the practice is like an engine driving our designs. This is now evident throughout the site. For most of our projects we’ve shared energy use intensity, reduction targets and lighting power density.
As designers we can’t resist a beautiful drawing. For many of our projects the new site includes simple black and white drawings that we invite you to explore. To complement the simplicity of these drawings, we’ve layered in rich typography and bright pops of color. We’ve kept the navigation straightforward so you can dive right in and find what you need.
This new site embodies our firm’s values and how we work – creativity and innovation, attention to detail, insatiable curiosity and the fusion of design and performance.
Designed in-house by our creative team, led by Karen Robichaud, and developed by xfive, the site is dynamic, layered and exciting. We hope you’ll spend some time getting to know us or making new discoveries about our practice.