After 15-months of working in a hybrid mode, Payette is committed to having all of our talented people working together in-person in our vibrant Boston office. We believe that the quality of our design work depends on direct, in-person collaboration among all of our diverse staff. We are transitioning to full-time, in-person work gradually over the summer and will be fully back in the office in early September. For us, full-time will be four days in the office and one flexible day working remotely.
Whereas we succeeded in employing a myriad of tools to enhance collaboration between people working in both remote and hybrid modes, we recognize that there is no substitute for the exciting and innovative outcomes that result from in-person interactions.
Here are some reasons why we feel so strongly that “together is better:”
Quality of design
- Ideas borne of and honed by collaboration vs isolation.
- Serendipitous interaction and cross-pollination.
- Being energized and motivated by the pulse of an active office.
- Ability to ask neighbors for assistance when blocked.
Engagement and Growth
- Being visible in a community allows for people to be recognized and appreciated.
- Trust is built through little actions that are more fluid in-person.
- A sense of belonging is more easily achieved in-person and is enhanced by building social ties and enjoying team successes.
- Effective training and mentoring rely on being together in-person.
While some firms have elected to remain operating remotely with benefits of reduced real estate costs and increased convenience to staff, we believe that being together in the office is necessary to achieve our mission and to maintain our valued culture. We are thrilled to see the office getting back into its groove with exciting activity and dialogue throughout and looking forward to continued excellence through working together!